The Delaware State Police arrested Sylvester Weaver, 43, of Millsboro, Delaware on drug dealing charges after concluding an extended narcotics investigation.
Four months ago, detectives from the Sussex County Drug Unit began investigating Sylvester Weaver, who was suspected of dealing drugs in Sussex County. On May 24, 2023, at approximately 10:27 a.m., detectives from the Sussex County Drug Unit and Sussex County Governor’s Task Force responded to the 19000 block of Jackstone Way in Millsboro to execute a search warrant on Weaver’s residence. Detectives found Weaver driving in his vehicle a short distance away, and he was taken into custody without incident. A search of Weaver and his home led to the recovery of approximately 2.03 grams of suspected powdered heroin and numerous items of drug paraphernalia that had been used to make crack cocaine.
Weaver was taken to Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Operating a Clandestine Laboratory (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 1 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 2 counts
Weaver was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and released on his own recognizance.