The Delaware State Police arrested 25-year-old Keyan Williams of Dover, Delaware for DUI and gun charges following an investigation that took place in Dover early Saturday morning.
On May 27, 2023, at approximately 2:55 a.m., troopers responded to the intersection of South Dupont Highway and POW / MIA Parkway regarding a man who had passed out while driving a car. Troopers arrived and found a gray Ford Edge stopped against a curb on northbound South Dupont Highway. Troopers contacted the driver, identified as Keyan Williams, and observed signs of impairment. Troopers also smelled burnt marijuana coming from the car and saw marijuana in plain view. Williams was not alert and he was taken to an area hospital for medical treatment.
Troopers searched the car and found approximately 82.78 grams of marijuana and a concealed handgun. Williams was later released from the hospital and taken to Troop 3, where he was charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Firearm While Possessing a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana Other Than Personal Use Quantity
- Possession of a Firearm While Under the Influence
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- Failure to Remain Within a Single Lane
Williams was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 7 and was committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $3,125 secured bond.