On April 28, 2023, at approximately 12:19 pm, Cambridge Police Officers and Detectives responded to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD in reference to a Warrant Service. Officers and Detectives located Marcus Semione Peak (26 years old from Cambridge, MD). Peak was transported to CPD for the processing of a warrant and his initial appearance before a Court Commissioner. Peak was turned over to the Dorchester County Department of Corrections on No Bond. Peak is facing the following charges:

– Attempted 1st Degree Murder
– Attempted 2nd Degree Murder
– Assault 1st Degree
– Child Abuse 1st Degree Severe Physical Injury
– Child Abuse 2nd Degree Custodian
– Assault 2nd Degree
– Neglect of Minor
– Reckless Endangerment

Charges stem from an incident that occurred on 4-21-23, at approximately 5:11 pm. CPD Officers were dispatched to the 700 block of Rosemont Ave to assist Dorchester County EMS with a 1-month-old child not breathing and that was unconscious. EMS rendered aid to the child and transported them to the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Dorchester before they were transported to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. CPD Officers met with Peak who was identified as the father of the child. CPD Detectives were notified of the incident and took over the investigation. Through further investigation, there was visible injury observed on the child with suspected head trauma. At the time at UMSMC at Dorchester, the baby was listed in “Critical” condition. Further eval of the child showed that the child had a soft spongy feel to the back of the head and medical testing showed that two (2) brain bleeds were located.

Through further investigation, Peak informed Detectives that he had just fed the child a bottle and placed them in a bassinet for a nap. Peak advised that the child was asleep and later when he returned to check on the child, he noticed that the child’s head was tilted to the side with fluid coming from their nose and mouth and their eyes were partially opened. At that time Peak denied any traumatic event that would have caused injury to the child.

It was further relayed to detectives that Peak had lied and did not inform them that Peak was changing the child on an elevated position off the floor when the child moved and fell to the floor striking its head. Peak then picked the child up and shook the child to wake the child up.

On 4-26-23 detectives received a medical diagnosis for the child’s condition, which showed that the child did receive a traumatic injury to its head showing multiple skull fractures including bilateral bleeding to both sides of the brain, which have evolved into a stroke ischemic injury consistent with progressive brain damage.

CPD Detective applied for charges on Peak with the District Court Commissioner where an Arrest Warrant was issued.